Pages

Saturday 10 November 2012

Reviewbyjen | Stila "In the Light" Palette


So... I've been naughty again.

This has been the toy I've been playing with for the past couple of days, so I thought I'd share some thoughts on how I've been finding it.  I had been wanting to buy this for a while, I've seen it a number of times popping up on some blogs and videos with rave reviews, but I couldn't get my hands on it without ordering it online. So what does my local Boots do? They get a Stila counter, with this lovely palette right at eye level... So of course I had to have it!




The Stila "In the Light" eyeshadow palette consists of ten gorgeous eye shadows, four of them being matte and six shimmery shades. It also includes a full-size smudge stick waterproof eye liner in Damsel and a "how to" styled mini booklet. 

The booklet contains a range of different styles that you can create with this palette and the eye liner alone, ranging from light day time to dramatic evening looks. It looks like the sky's the limit with this baby!



The eye shadows are so opaque I just can't get over it. When I was trying them out I literally just touched one of the pans lightly the colour picks up and transfers so evenly to the skin. I have found them incredibly easy to work with and blend. The drop down isn't too bad, a few bits with the super shimmery ones, but so little it's hardly noticeable. 



This is the perfect neutral palette and it's so easy to create loads of different looks, be it subtle or dramatic. This retails for £25... Which is a lot. But if you think about it (here comes me attempting to justify it..) the eye liner on its own retails for £18 so that technically makes the eye shadows a total of  £7, and that means that each eyeshadow on its own is... well, it's less than £1 each! So... I think that's a pretty good deal if you ask me, and I'll definitely get my use out of all the colours. My current favourites are Kitten and Champagne, they're so great for both a daytime and evening look.  From other reviews I've heard that this palette last ages so this will hopefully be a good investment into the future of eye makeup.

............................................................................................................................

Be sure to let me know your thoughts on this if you've tried it or your impressions even if you haven't. Hope you like the review and feel free to request anything you'd like to see in the future of Beautebyjen. Thanks for reading!


Much love, Jen Xxxxx

1 comment: